You know, I never know how to start my entry. Apparently, I am not very good at introducing subjects. I have that problem with my journal and with papers I write to.
So, my blind date. Before we went out, I had enrichment. Unfortunately, this being the church it is, we started fifteen minutes late. Which means, we ended fifteen minutes late. I only live about two minutes from the church, but apparently he had already been to my house and the eight year old had told him I wasn't home. But I had text messaged him and he got it when he got back to the car. I left enrichment right after the prayer, neglecting to even say hi to a couple of my guy friends in the parking lot. (If you know me, you know that I stop to talk to everyone. I felt bad I couldn't). I got home and went to fix my hair and text messaged him and he came.
He wasn't too bad looking. About 5'9" ish, with brown hair. Trim, which was a definate plus. We went to Happy Sumo. I've never had sushi, but I figured I might as well try it, I might end up liking it. I always say that, and I am always wrong. I had a stomach ache all night. But Blind Date was nice. He tried to make conversation, which was nice. Sometimes its hard to find a topic of conversation. He was much better at it than I was. He is a big football fan. I'm having difficulty finding someone who's not, I'm thinking I might just have to give in to that one. Doesn't mean I have to go, though. Another downside, he's lived most of his life in Utah.
On the other hand, he always seemed interested in the conversation, and after they boxed up our food, he leaned across the table while listening to me. He opened the doors (that's a big one in my book), and walked me to the door afterward. And he gives good hugs.
He invited me to go country dancing sometime. I might have to take him up on that, though I do not like anything country. Who knows, maybe I'll like it? (I really should know better)
6 comments:
there are boys that don't like football - more than you think - so if he's obsessive - boot him. :) Cultured ones do exist!
I got lucky, PapaBear is not a sports fan so I never have to watch any!!!! I hate country too but at least it's dancing!
panini - true there are boys that don't like football. That's not really the bigger issue. The good news, which I forgot to mention, is that he does like the more cultured stuff, the Symphony and dancing and stuff. Hopefully (if I continue to see him, anyway) we'll do that one of these days.
Cherbear - Nice that you don't have to watch any sports. I'd rather play. And at least it is dancing. I agree. Thanks for the positive outlook!!
Another piece of advice. NEVER try anything new on any first date. The first date is new enough ;)
Hmmm. Excellent advice. I'll definately have to take that one to heart.
Well, as I can see--the others have given you all the good advice, so I figure there's only BAD advice to give now. I say: go country dancing, make him take you anywhere and everywhere. Make HIM spend all his money. Then, in 3 months when you both are acting normal (like yourselves)...make a decision to keep dating or break up!
Post a Comment