Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Brothers Bloom

This was a movie that I've been waiting to come out for a long time. I never saw it at the regular theaters, but since I moved back to UT, I am able to take advantage of the dollar theater (yay!!!). The Brothers Bloom was showing there, so I went to see it last night.

Now besides having a great cast; Adrian Brody, Mark Ruffalo and Rachel Wiesz, the story was very entertaining. A very telling quote is "He writes his cons the way dead Russians write novels" including story arcs and anti heros. The story comes full circle, and there is foreshadowing. The storyline is well written in my opinion, but don't expect a fluffy ending. Still, I was in stitches throughout. I recommend it for anyone who doesn't consider a blockbuster movie the epitome of movies.

I'm bad at movie reviews because I never want to give too much away, but you only get better through practice, right?

No comments: