I took my car into the shop today. Whenever I try to pump gas, the fuel tank won't accept it. The pump always shuts off and then spits gas back at me. I have to hold the pump so that there is barely any gas coming out and hold if for like ten minutes to fill my tank.
Apparently the problem is that the rollover valve is stuck. That's the valve that keeps the gas from going out in case of a rollover. Sadly, you can't replace just the valve, you have to replace the ENTIRE fuel tank. Let me tell you, that's not cheap.
So fun stuff. Not replacing the fuel tank yet. Can't afford it. And its not really that important. Its not something that is going to affect the way the car runs.
2 comments:
That womps! At least it's not crucial, just a bit annoying for now.
yikes. that's too bad. At least you don't have to fix it right away...
Post a Comment