Saturday, March 8, 2008

Panthéon and more

One of my favorite places in Paris is the Cluny museum. It is a fabulous little old church transformed into a museum (that happens a lot). It has the Unicorn tapestries I posted earlier. It also had the ruins of Roman Baths, which are pretty cool. Here are some pics of the back, there is a little park next to it, I don't think you can see it.


Here is the Sorbonne. The inside is closed to all but the professors and students because so many riots have started here.


Panthéon. This is an amazing building. I highly recommend it if you are ever in Paris.


Some really cool people are buried here. This one is Victor Hugo.


Pendulum built by Foucault, proving the rotation of the earth.


Saint-Etienne-du-Mont. Pascal (17th century mathematician and philosopher) and Racine (playwright) buried here.


Ruins of a Roman Arena

No comments: