Friday, March 28, 2008

French Films

I went to see a movie tonight. I choose to see a cartoon because I thought it would be a little safer. I'm not sure it really was. I am starting to think that all French films are bizarre. Maybe it is just because I am from a different culture, but I have seen some strange ones. The cartoon one was a little scary, I jumped several times and it was kind of like watching a sci-fi movie in another language. I couldn't quite figure out the world it was set in. However, Klaus Badelt wrote the music. He did Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. The first movie I went to wasn't too bizarre, but it was kind of like Sliding Doors where you are watching two realities, and figuring that out and following it in another language was a little hard for my roommate; I did a little better. The film I saw inbetween those two was quite bizarre.
Anyway, that's my little tirade on French films. We are thinking about going to see one called Disco next week. I think its about three guys who are still living in the disco era but its really current time. We'll see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems that cultures other than ours like to do crazy stuff with cartoons. American cartoons are pretty much just the standard "Tom and Jerry" stuff. I've actually watched some pretty good Japanese cartoons that are dramas and pretty good stories. Instead of using live action, they choose to animate the series instead.