Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bad complexion

Maybe its something in the air, maybe its the change in diet, but my face has broken out. I don't think it has been this bad since I was a teenager. To tell you the truth, I think its stress. I always break out when I'm stressed, and I think this whole trip is just stress on top of stress. I'm not saying its not good stress, because I am having a great time and thoroughly enjoying my trip. But I am stressed. Its stressful to not really have your own space, to be in a place where they don't speak the same language, where they don't have the same culture. Its stressful to try to not look like an American, because you really can pick them out on the street. Its stressful to know that no matter how hard you try, you will always look like an American. And its stressful to not be able to call my family any time I need to to release some of that stress, or to talk to my land lady. I have to make all new friends, the old ones are 8000 miles away. So I think I'm stressed out.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

I feel you. But hey, if you're gonna be stressed, Europe is the best place to do it. :) Keep your chin up. :)

Anonymous said...

I bet its a combo of everything. You are eating differently so that's a possible trigger. And it is stressful living in another country. Make sure you drink enough water. And write on your blog. I think that will help get those stresses out. And even though we are 8000 miles away, us old friends are here for you and are reading.

Anonymous said...

Sharing your experiences is really something I enjoy! So thank you!

Treat Queen said...

I think you're right Cherbear, I think its a combination of things, it always is.
I'm glad you enjoy reading about my experiences. If I didn't think anyone was reading, I would just go back to recording everything in my journal. But I would feel really disconnected with all of you then!!