Cool swords
This would probably be my weapon of choice.
A knight in armour
Those knights were a little short!
As we were walking through, one of the staff came up and asked us why we weren't watching the President. Hmm, maybe because we didn't know we could see him. So we were directed to a balcony from which we could see him and hear him speak.
My view of the French president
Yes, the view isn't so great, but later when he left the pavilion, and shook some people's hands on the way out, I got to see his face, but I didn't pull out my camera fast enough.
The largest portion of the museum is dedicated to the Great War. The first World War had a huge impact on the French people. They lost 11% of their population. The exhibit is very well done. I highly recommend it.
Part of the Great War exhibit (actually this is the second war, in case you couldn't figure that out)
6 comments:
This is totally irrelevant but have to share. I was searching YouTube and found this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3QvikFe1bA
Check it out, it's Voyager meets XFiles.
The girls and I thoroughly enjoy reading our blog and looking at the pictures. They loved the pictures of the knights, as they are studying that in history right now. Thanks for sharing....it's almost as good as being there, but not:)
Jennifer Lindsay
Jenn, I'm glad you enjoy all of it, and the girls too. The knights really are cool. I couldn't find your blog though, I tried a couple times. Have my mom email it to me, that would be great!
Cherbear, that was hilarious. Someone had way too much time on their hands, but then most people on YouTube do. Thanks for sharing!
I would have said "Because we are Americans and the only thing most of us know about your President is that he recently married an actress/model." Not that that would have reflected well on you or on America, but hey.
Yay! Thanks for the picture of you. :) The knights were about my size. :) Paul and I were researching new car seats (Alec's almost too large for the infant one) and the length of time to use booster seats now is until 4'9"...Paul pointed out I just missed the cutoff height by an inch.
You need the picture of me to realize how short those knights really were!!
Scully, our hostess asked us at one point what we thought of the French president, and I didn't even know his name! So I am definitely not in the know on the French president, and you're right, I try not to flaunt it.
Post a Comment